Cold Busting Smoothie
This smoothie is perfect for banishing those Winter sniffles! It has ginger which has anti-inflammatory and anti-nausea properties, great for those who don’t feel like eating in the morning. It’s also loaded with greens and pineapple (high in antioxidants). If you choose to add the spirulina you’ll get an additional dose of protein, B vitamins, and iron. Spirulina is quite potent, you can start with a teaspoon and work your way up to a tablespoon.
- 1 thumbnail sized piece of fresh ginger (about ¼ inch)
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks, or tropical fruit blend
- 1 banana
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond/soy milk or coconut water
- 1 tsp spirulina (optional)
- 4 ice cubes (omit if banana is frozen)
1. Grate the ginger.
2. Add all ingredients to a blender and blend for 1-2 minutes.
3. Serve by itself or topped with chia seeds, cacao nibs, or crushed nuts.