The Outpatient Rehabilitation Program is an individualized, coordinated, outcomes-focused program that promotes early intervention and optimizes the activities and participation of the person’s served. The goals and outcomes of each individual require a multidisciplinary approach to achieve the desired result for the individual. Our multidisciplinary team of healthcare providers includes physiotherapists, chiropractors, occupational therapists, psychologists, naturopaths and many more. We work with clients who have acute injuries to client’s who want to sustain a healthy lifestyle, so whether you are recovering from an injury or would like to participate in one of our wellness programs, such as our weight loss program we can help! Check our “contact us” page for a full list of the communities in which we provide services.
WHO CAN ENROLL
The Outpatient Rehabilitation Program is appropriate for people who have experienced the following:
- Post-Stroke Mobility and Function
- Disk Herniation
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Spinal Instability
- Muscle strains
- Postural strain
- Ligament sprains/tears
- Ankle sprains
- Knee injuries (ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL)
- Shin Splints
- Nerve entrapments
- Arthritis and Osteoarthritis
- Degenerative Joint Disease (DJD)
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Rib joint sprain/dysfunction
- Tailbone pain (coccydynia)
- Shoulder Impingement
- Rotator Cuff Injuries or Repairs
- Adhesive Capsulitis (Frozen Shoulder)
- Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer’s Elbow)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- De Quervain’s Syndrome
- Iliotibial (IT) Band Syndrome
- Patellofemoral Syndrome
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Workplace Injuries
- Lateral Epicondylitis
- Headaches (Cervicogenic, Migraine, Tension-Type)
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ)
- Repetitive strain or cumulative trauma disorders (tissue/muscle overuse)
- Post-Operative and Post-Surgical Rehabilitation care of the Musculoskeletal system (Joints, Tendons, Bones, Meniscus, Cartilage and muscles)
This program of care has some exclusion criteria, which are significant red flags that may prevent the individual from being eligible to partake in this program. Please consult a healthcare practitioner or contact us to confirm eligibility.
WHEN WILL I BE DISCHARGED
The duration of the Outpatient Rehabilitation Program is determined after the initial assessment and is dependent on the needs of each individual person served, including the severity of the injury and may vary based on factors which may delay recovery. To be discharged from the Outpatient Rehabilitation Program, one or more of the following criteria must be met:
- The person served has achieved the goals that have been established with the rehabilitation team.
- The services of the health care providers are no longer necessary or appropriate.
- The person’s progress has reached a plateau and he or she is no longer benefiting from the services of the program.
- When the person served is unable to tolerate the demands of the program and the appropriate referrals have been made.