Soba Noodle Stir Fry
This delicious stir fry is high in protein and carbs and is a great way to re-fuel your body, especially after a workout or any physical activity. Buckwheat noodles are actually gluten-free, the name is a bit of a misnomer. This quick meal is also a great weeknight option!
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
1 package of gluten free buckwheat soba noodles
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ shallot, diced
1 head broccoli, chopped into small florets
1 cup carrot, shredded
12 button mushrooms, chopped
½ a block of tofu, pressed then chopped into cubes
SAUCE FOR SOBA NOODLES:
¼ cup tamari (gluten free soy sauce) or soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon sriracha
1 tsp grated ginger
1. Cook soba noodles to package directions.
2. Heat a large skillet with 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the tofu and fry until slightly brown on all sides. Add the minced garlic and diced shallot and cook for 1 minute. Add broccoli, carrots, mushrooms and edamame, and salt and pepper to taste, and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes.
3. While vegetables and noodles are cooking, whisk together the soba noodle sauce ingredients in a bowl.
4. Add cooked noodles to the pan of veggies, add the sauce, and stir until all the vegetables and noodles are evenly coated in sauce.
5. Place a portion of noodles and vegetables into bowls and top with garnishes of sesame seeds, hot peppers, cilantro and green onions.
Black sesame seeds
green onions, chopped
hot peppers, chopped (optional)
cilantro, chopped (optional)