Recipe of the Week
Oatmeal Chocolate Nut Energy Bites
The perfect Grab-N-Go snack! Energy bites are quick and simple to make – and the possibilities are endless. Oatmeal Choco Nut is one of my personal favourites!
• 1 cup old fashioned oats
• 2/3 cup coconut flakes
• 1/2 cup peanut butter
• 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
• 1/3 cup honey
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined.
2. Allow the mixture to chill for half hour. This makes the next step a lot easier.
3. Once chilled, roll mixture into 1 inch balls (bite sized). Place in a airtight container and refrigerate until you desire to enjoy!
*You can sub peanut butter for any nut or seed butter (depending on allergies)
**I have put protein powder, dried fruit, chopped nuts, maple syrup to mix it up