In light of World Heart Day we decided to share with a quick yet effective cardio exercise routine!
World Heart Day is celebrated on 29 September of every year. Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is accountable for nearly half of all Non Communicable Disease, deaths making it the world’s number one killer. World Heart Day is, therefore, the perfect platform to shed light on heart health, and create awareness about this issue. It aims to drive action to educate people that by controlling risk factors such as tobacco use, unhealthy diet and physical inactivity, at least 80% of premature deaths from heart disease and stroke could be avoided. (World Heart Federation, 2017).
Protect your heart
Most of the major cardiovascular disease risk factors can be controlled. Here are a few tips on how to control those risk factors and protect your heart:
1. Exercise; stay active
2. Do not smoke; protect yourself and loved ones from the harmful health effects of smoking
3. Stop smoking and protect yourself from tobacco
4. Eat healthily; include fruits and vegetables in your diet
5. Maintain a healthy weight
6. Have your blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose levels checked regularly.
7. Know the warning signs<>