1) 2 tbsp dried currants
2) 1 tea spoon white wine vinegar
3) 1 bunch kale, centre ribs and stems removed, washed and dried
4) 5 table spoons fresh lemon juice
5) 2 tea spoons extra virgin olive oil
6) 1 tea spoon salt
7) 3 table spoons pine nuts, toasted
8) 2 table spoons of grated parmesanInstructions:
1) Slice out the stems or just pull the leaves from the ribs with your fingers.
2) Chop the kale into small, bite-sized pieces.
3) Massage the kale; reach into the bowl with your hands, start grabbing handfuls of kale and scrunch for 30 seconds or less.
4) Toast the pine nuts. Keep an eye on them because they brown pretty quickly.
5) Make the vinaigrette: In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, 5 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt. Whisk well.
6) Combine the toasted pine nuts (after they cool down) to the kale, add the currants, and add the grated parmesan.