Judging by the weather in the last few days and how it seems to be cooling down slowly we thought it is a good time to offer you a delicious recipe for grilled pork souvlaki, before the grilling season is over and the colder weather settles in.
We recommend purchasing hormone-free pork, or organically grown pork for the ultimate result.
- 1 kg of Pork Shoulder-clean out the fat, and cut into 1 inch cubes
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Marinate the pork: Combine all the marinade ingredients in a gallon zip-top bag. Massage until the pork is evenly covered with marinade. Squeeze all the air out of the bag and seal. Marinate, refrigerated, for 2 to 4 hours. 2. Prepare the grill: Prepare the grill for cooking on direct medium heat. On a gas grill, preheat the grill with all burners on high for 15 minutes, then clean the grill grate with a grill brush. Turn the burners down to medium, and the grill is ready. 3. Skewer and grill the pork: While the grill is pre-heating, remove the pork from the marinade, wiping off as much marinade as possible. Thread the pork onto skewers. Once the grill is preheated, put the pork skewers over the direct medium heat and grill for 4 minutes, or until browned. 4. Serve: Put the skewers on a platter and rest for ten minutes, then serve with lemon wedges, pita bread and tzatziki sauce.
This recipe comes from https://www.dadcooksdinner.com/grilled-pork-souvlaki/